Bachelor of Manufacturing Engineering Technology (Pharmaceutical) with Honours (MQA/FA1255)
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES (PO)
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and engineering technology principles to define and apply engineering technology procedures, processes, systems or methodologies in pharmaceutical technology area
- Solve broadly-defined engineering technology problems systematically to reach substantiated conclusions by using appropriate tools and techniques in pharmaceutical technology area
- Design solutions for broadly-defined engineering technology problems, and to design systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, as well as cultural, societal, environmental and sustainability concerns.
- Plan and conduct experimental investigations of broadly-defined engineering technology problems by using data from relevant sources related to pharmaceutical technology area
- Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering technology tools, with an understanding of their limitations in pharmaceutical technology related area
- Function effectively as individuals, and as members or leaders in diverse technical teams.
- Communicate effectively with the technical community and society at large.
- Demonstrate an awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and their consequent responsibilities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practices.
- Demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices and entrepreneurship in the field of pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of technical practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development.
- Recognize the need for professional development and to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the field of pharmaceutical technology
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- To produce graduates who excel in their pharmaceutical technologist positions in pharmaceutical industries within the area of drug development, plant operation, safety and environment
- To produce graduates who apply and develop advanced technology through R&D and who are keen to pursue post graduate studies
- To prepare graduates who display leadership qualities to the company that employ them
- To produce graduates who demonstrates strong professional values and responsibilities towards society and environment