Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Manufacturing) with Honours
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES (PO)
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and engineering specialisation principles to define and manufacturing engineering technology procedures, processes, systems ormethodologies
- Solve broadly-defined engineering technology problems systematically to reach substantiated conclusions by using tools and techniques appropriate to manufacturing engineering technology field.
- Design solutions for broadly-defined manufacturing engineering technology problems, and to design systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, as well as cultural, societal, environmental and sustainability concerns.
- Plan and conduct experimental investigations of broadly-defined problems using data from relevant sources
- Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering technology tools, with an understanding of their limitations
- Function effectively as individuals, and as members or leaders in diverse technical teams.
- Communicate effectively with the engineering community and society at large.
- Demonstrate an awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and their consequent responsibilities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practices.
- Demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices and entrepreneurship
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development.
- Recognize the need for professional development and to engage in independent and lifelong learning
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- To produce engineering technologists with mastery of the needed expertise in manufacturing industries using the foundation of technology and innovation.
- To prepare engineering technologists that demonstrate skills of lifelong learning for professional and personal development
- To prepare engineering technologists with good management skill, good professional ethics and understanding local law in manufacturing issues
- To prepare global engineering technologists that work and communicate effectively in multinational and multidisciplinary engineering community.