Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Energy and Environmental) with Honours
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES (PO)
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and engineering technology principles to define and applied engineering technology procedures, processes, systems or methodologies in energy and environment area
- Solve broadly-defined engineering technology problems systematically to reach substantiated conclusions by using appropriate tools and techniques in energy and environment area
- Design solutions for broadly-defined engineering technology problems, and to design systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, as well as cultural, societal, environmental and sustainability concerns.
- Plan and conduct experimental investigations of broadly-defined engineering technology problems by using data from relevant sources related to energy and environment area
- Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering technology tools, with an understanding of their limitations in energy and environment related area
- Function effectively as individuals, and as members or leaders in diverse technical teams.
- Communicate effectively with the technical community and society at large.
- Demonstrate an awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and their consequent responsibilities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practices.
- Demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices and entrepreneurship in the field of energy and environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of technical practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development.
- Recognize the need for professional development and to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the field of energy and environment
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- To produce energy and environmental related engineering technologists with mastery of the needed expertise in industries using the foundation of technology and innovation.
- To prepare engineering technologists that demonstrate skills of lifelong learning for professional and personal development
- To prepare engineering technologists with good management skill, good professional ethics and understanding local law in energy and environmental issues
- To prepare global engineering technologists that work and communicate effectively in multinational and multidisciplinary engineering community.